(IN BOGOTA, K4/K5 NEW FAMILY WITH SPECIAL NEEDS)
Dear Prospective family,
Thank you for your interest in CNG for your family. The information below is a guide to our K4 and K5 process for families that are already living in Bogota. This is a multi-step application process that begins in November of 2023 and ends in March of 2024.
We look forward to seeing you in the process!
K4 is CNG’s pre-school program. It is a pre-kinder for children who are 4 years old in August of the year they start K4. Candidates eligible for admission to CNG K4 in August of 2024 are children born between May 1, 2019, and August 31, 2020. K4 is an English immersion program.
K5 applicants eligible for admission to CNG K5 in August of 2023 are children born between May 1, 2018, and August 31, 2019. K5 Candidates should speak English.
1. Visit CNG: The first step is to visit our school.
We will be holding an Information Session on campus on Monday, October 30, 2023, at 9:00 a.m. and a Virtual Q&A Session with CNG's Director, Dr. Eric Habegger on November 16, 2023, at 5:00 p.m.
Sign-up for both the Information Session and Campus Tour and Virtual Q&A Session: TOUR SIGN-UP
2. CNG uses an online application form that consists of these main sections:
- Student Information
- Educational Background
- Medical History
- Guardian 1 Information
- Guardian 2 Information
- CNG Background
- Statement of Understanding
3. You will also need to upload the following supporting documentation:
- Supporting Documents for your Child’s Special Needs: If you have a child who requires or may require Learning Center support at CNG (Special Education Services), please provide any recent reports from educational specialists and/or therapists working with your child. The Learning Center and Admissions Team will confirm if we have the available services to support your child.
- Family References: New, local families only. To be filled out by someone who knows you and is part of the CNG Community. Expat families should replace the 2 family references with a company letter stating your post and position and specifying which, if any, educational expenses covered.
Colombians: photocopy of your child’s birth certificate.
Non-Colombians: photocopy of your child’s ID page of passport and Colombian visa
- Statement of account (paz y salvo) from current preschool
- Passport-size photo of the applicant
Access CNG's Application Form Here:
CNG Admissions Application Form
4. Submit Paperwork:
New families must submit all application requirements and attend the mini-interview between November 27, 2023, and December 7, 2023. Both parents must be present for the mini-interview. Complete applications should be submitted at least 48 hours before the mini-interview.
Sign up for your child's mini interview (parents of twins should request two appointments): Available on October 30, 2023.
5. Bring Your Child to the Prospective Candidate Observation:
Observations will take place between January and February. Current tentative K4 and K5 candidate observations are January 27, February 3, and February 10, 2024 (each candidate will come on one of these days).
ALL DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
The observation consists of a one-on-one work session with a counselor or a K4 teacher. Applicants and their families can expect to be at school for approximately one hour.
6. Attend Parent Interviews:
New families will have their family interviews between February 26 and March 7, 2024. You will receive an invitation from the admissions office to sign up for your family’s interview. Both parents should be present. Children should not participate in this interview.
7. Receive Admissions Notification:
Families will be notified of the Admissions decision on March 20, 2024, and Parents must send a written response informing CNG if their child will enroll in K4/K5 for the 2023-24 school year no later than March 22, 2024, at noon.